The 52nd AKSNA Conference was held January 28-30, 2020 in Anchorage, Alaska with preconference sessions January 27. Our special keynote presenter was Chef Garrett Berdan.
Chef Garrett has a wealth of experience in school nutrition and will be sharing his tips for creative recipes and kitchen techniques. Don’t miss this opportunity to be motivated by Chef Garret.
Agenda and Presentations
We are collecting presentation materials. They will be uploaded as they become available.
Monday, 27 January 2020
- Nutrition 101: Laura Thomas, M.Ed, RD, LD
- ServSafe Certification and Exam: Theresa Wilson
Tuesday, 28 January 2020
- Creative Recipes Using USDA Foods: Chef Garrett Berdan
- School Nutrition Association and Child Nutrition Program Updates: Jo Dawson, MS, SNS
- Get Connected with AKSNA: Adrianne Schwartz, MBA, SNS; Gavin M. Northey, SNS; Trevor Bridgewater, SNS
- AKSNA Annual Business Meeting: Jo Dawson, MS, SNS
- Legislative Update: Bethy Whalen, SNS; Jennifer Meiwes
- Developing Effective Strategies for Workplace Conflict: Rebecca Saviis (Foraker Group)
- Become and Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Rock Star – Tips and Tricks to Have a Successful Program: Leon Wallace; Trevor Bridgewater, SNS; Sandie Ponte
- USDA Foods Annual Survey Update: Sue Lampert
Wednesday, 29 January 2020
- Top Chef – Skills from the Field: Chef Garrett Berdan
- Is Processing USDA Foods a Good Fit?: Jesse Podratz (Schwann’s Food Service)
- The Road Ahead – Reusable Tray Service in the Anchorage School District: Gavin M. Northey, SNS
- Reducing Food Waste in Schools: Yanner Rodriguez (Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation)
- How to Manage your Food Service Management Company (FSMC) Contract: Beth Seitz; Bethy Whalen, SNS; Adrianne Schwartz, MBA, SNS
- Meal Tracking Systems – Old School or New Technology?: Carol Weekly (TITAN School Solutions)
Thursday, 30 January 2020
- DiTomaso Tour
- Taco Loco Tour
- Vendor Show
AKSNA Member Rate
AKSNA members are eligible for reduced conference registration fees. More information about the fee schedule will be posted as the conference date approaches. For this, and other benefits, visit SNA’s web site for online and paper registration forms.
About the Conference
The Annual Conference brings together School Nutrition Professionals from across this great state for professional development and networking opportunities. View information and photos from our 51st Annual Conference to learn more and see why you should attend.